Thursday, March 13, 2014

Such a familiar sight- the people, the planes, and the mad scramble to fulfill their destinies. What started as a kid who had never flown before has now turned into a kid who has become so mentally and physically exhausted by the strain of airport life. While the experience was somewhat momentous, I cannot claim that I will be jumping in a plane anytime soon. Anyhow, I merely wish to keep you updated, should you still sustain an interest in my travels. What can I say except to say that absolutely nothing has happened within the last twelve hours. Granted, I have been moved half-way around the world, but, other than that, nothing exciting or exhilarating has occurred. In fact, quite the opposite occurred. For one, my head began to pound, my stomach decided to do some stretches, and I was hungry as all get out. On our flight itinerary, it said that we would be fed for our long seven hour flight, so I was, naturally, expecting the film stereotype of either fish, chicken, or Fillet Mignon. However, when the stewardesses came around, all I received were pretzels and peanuts (lightly salted). Thankfully, they came back with a bigger meal later, but when I initially saw that, I was about to convey what my stomach desired to verbalize. After a later meal of pasta and some other miscellaneous items, I tried to focus on one particular aspect of the flight. That one aspect was the movie that I watched. I just want to say that "About Time" and "The Book Thief" are amazing movies, and I highly recommend them to anyone wanting to watch some fascinating movies. Anyhow, despite their high levels of attention-grabbing enthrallment, I couldn't stop myself from feeling incredibly sick. Thankfully, upon departure from such a horrendously long flight, I began to feel better, but with only an hour sleep the previous night all together, it will only be a matter of time before my body realizes what it is missing. Now, with flight number two down, we are waiting in the terminal of the airport in Paris. Despite it being a flipping maze, it is a pretty decent place with multitudes of outlet shops and stores. I even made my first transaction in foreign currency. It was super exciting! Anyway, as promised, here are a few more photos, and I promise, more will be on the way. Have a super day, and "may the odds be ever in your favor!"
                                                                -Anthony




No comments:

Post a Comment