Sunday, March 23, 2014

Despite the vast distance that separates me from my family, we all embark upon an adventure that will shape our lives. Obviously, I have my adventures here, and my mother and brother have theirs back home. I do believe that today marked day three of their performance. Both my mother and brother are new to theatrics, so this community production is a giant leap for the both of them. A sea may keep us apart, but our spirits are always with each other, supporting one another. I couldn't be more comforted with any one else. I can only hope their production was a success, so I will just sit on this cot of mine and send my prayers, swiftly speeding over the crescent waves to reach you. As I sit here, rather uncomfortably, on this cot, I realize that I have reported little to nothing of the exact place of my habitation. Today, on a run out to Globus, I took some pictures of nearby areas. I may have mentioned it before, but I will repeat myself just this once. The building that houses the students was once a Russian barrack. The way it is now, it seems that they took no liberties in renovating it either. It is almost like they kicked the prisoners out and ushered us in almost immediately. However, that's neither here nor there. The area nearby does not seem like a harsh one. I have yet to spot shady characters or hoodlums. On the other hand, I do hear an awful lot of singing, caroling, and hooting outside our window. Whether that means they are intoxicated or what, I do not know. One window of ours is a door-sized window, so we can open it and step out onto our "balcony." Again, this "balcony" consists of one plank and several clotheslines. I often step out just for a breath of fresh air, but then I realize the building across the street has another student sitting at his desk facing out the window, staring right at me. I, awkwardly, step back inside. Often times, the kids congregate in the back to play, from what I can tell, soccer. Basketball does not seem to be a popular sport here, and neither is golf. My father would hate it here. The tram runs right along our building, so transportation is convenient, and, I recently found out, there is a laundromat nearby. Had I known that sooner, I wouldn't have had to do laundry for six hours Saturday in a primitive fashion. It was a good experience, I suppose. Globus, the equivalent of Walmart, is within walking distance of where I live, but I suppose, by some standards, it is pretty far. However, with my passion for walking, I mind it not. Globus is a part of an amalgamation of individual buildings. It is attached to a mall, and this mall has everything. Clothing, electronics, books, accessories, fashion, movies, etc. Basically, I am set. Other than that, nothing else of particular noteworthiness has leaped  to my attention. With each day that goes by, I hope to explore a bit more. The next three days have classes, and then we head to Prague, once again. Expect more activity at that time. I can't believe that, as of right this moment, for me, I have been living in this room for one week. Quite the speedy week. Anyway, that is all for now. I hope your lives come into contact with a spark of spontaneity, just as my family has. Have a great day. "May the Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!"
                                                                                      -Anthony-





No comments:

Post a Comment