Thursday, May 8, 2014

If I remember correctly how I concluded with my previous blog, I left you all in a state of sadness, depression, and disarray. After all, I know that my works are so valuable to you all and that you depend upon me for your entertainment. If you can't laugh at me directly, it must be done indirectly, right? Well, I didn't want to go to long without updating my blog, so I thought I would give one a go today. My roommate, and several others, took a weekend trip to God-knows-where, so I have, basically, the entire "Neredin" sight to myself (Neredin is the name of our dormitory). I have tried to find things to do around Olomouc that I, usually, do not have time for otherwise. So, today, I explored some of the hidden trails nearby. I walk past them, everyday, when I go to class; I see them every time, but I always cast them aside, knowing that I have not the time for them. So, instead of taking a right at the intersection to go to the tram, I took a left and followed the trail. One trail split off to the left, and another to the right. Remember, both are foreign to me, at this point. I went left first, and I found fields of yellow plants. I do not know what they are, (most likely a weed of some sort), but when there is an entire field under the blazing sun, it is quite the sight. There are, also, hills, far off in the distance. At the end of the trail, or, as far as I was willing to go, there was an empty lot, filled with dirt. Further on was a bridge, but I wanted to turn back. I had another path to explore, and I had already gone half a mile down this path, by this point. As I walked back, the path began to fill up with joggers, runners, walkers, dog-owners, lovers, etc. Yep, of course, there had to be a couple going at it, off on a country trail. I have yet to find a spot where they dare not venture. I mean, I have seen PDAs on the tram, in the park, at the dorms, near the classroom, in restaurants, in bars, and so on. It is disgusting! Anyway, I took the other path, and I went through some sketchy areas, I am not going to lie. There were broken walls with graffiti, rotting houses, overgrown gardens, and the paths looked as if a giant had walked upon it. However, my mission was accomplished, all the same, when I found out that the path took me to Globus. I knew that there had to be another way to get to the store besides the one I had been using. The previous path ran along the busy highway and took me through residential. Now, I have found a path that has, nearly, no traffic, no cars, no bikes, etc. It may be through some creepy spots, but I will manage. I found all of this earlier this afternoon, but I didn't bring my camera. Thus, earlier this evening, I went back out and took some photos. Let's see, what else have I done today? I charted where I have all visited while in Europe, and, let me just say, it looks so much better with a visual. I made some food without having to wait to use the stove-top. I walked to the store (By the way, I have determined that it is 1 mile each way. Thus, when I go to the store, I walk about two miles every time). I did my reading and my studying, and that is about it. Believe it or not, all of that took up most of my day. Tomorrow, I plan to visit a few shops in the town square that I have yet to visit. Food for thought, I will be home in about 3 weeks, so I expect my room to be as it was when I left. I miss you all like crazy, and I can't wait to see you. However, my duties here are not quite finished, and I have some work to do. My "Finals Week" is next week, so, one week from today, I will be nearly finished with my semester of academics. I wish you the best, and I hope that the weather is as nice back home as it is here. (50s or 60s with perfect balance of sun and clouds). "May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor!"
                                                                                        -Anthony-

My progress in Europe, thus far.

Distant Hills

Building at the end of the path.

Golden Field

Needs a little maintenance.

Globus building with the mall attached.

That sun, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment